Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hemi Fiat Revisited


FIBERGLASS FIAT BODY WITH A HEMI POWER PLANT. UNSTOPPABLE IN 1967, SAVING CHRYSLER IN 2009?
Hemi Fiat Revisited
So I've been reading on several Auto Sites that Chrysler and Fiat have come to a business deal. Fiat gets a 35% stake in Chrysler (no money is changing hands it's all on paper) in exchange for Chrysler getting Fiats small car technology. Sounds like a match made in heaven, as opposed to the "Merger of Equals" strip and flip deal by the Daimler. Talk about a bad marriage (been there done that). The Fiat merger makes sense. Virtually no overlap in product and Fiat can use vacant Chrysler plants to build (using American workers) Fiat in the Good Ol' U.S.A. After reading this, I was thumbing through a Christmas book gift my family gave me called Fuel Altereds Forever by Steve Reyes. In it were page after page of Fiat bodied Hemi powered Altereds. I thought- "Man now isn't that appropriate."

No comments: