Saturday, November 7, 2009

Small Town Memories With The B of A Rep

So I notice one of my business accounts has two overdraft item charges on it and should not, as I transferred money into the account before the left number went red (all you B 0f A online people know what I'm talking about). So I call in to talk to a rep to get the charges reversed. A pleasant guy starts helping me and says no problem, we can reverse the fees. He then asks, "What is Go-Kustom? Thats an interesting company name" I start telling him all about my films and music and yadda yadda yadda. At one point I tell him about Hot Rod Girls Save The World's Philly Premiere last March. He blurts out, "I'm from Philly!" "Cool," I say, "i'm originally from Waynesburg not too far from Philly." "I grew up on Waynesburg!" he says. Well this is strange and very cool. We start talking about people from the town, popular gas stations and land marks. Even though we went to the same Elementary School, he is five years my senior, so we never formally met. We probably bumped into each other at the grocery store and never knew it. He was also good friends with the oldest sister of my best friend from Wayenesburg. He tells me that my Kindergarten Teacher Mrs. Call just recently passed away at over 90 years of age. Wow! I exclaim. He tells me how the little town has gone down hill since the 1980s and that I wouldn't recognize it now. "Better not go back," he says, "you'll just be heart broken." Soon the conversation ends (don't want to talk too long on B of A's dime) and that was that. Small town memories indeed- made my day.

No comments: