Saturday, March 10, 2012

Well We Didn't Make It :(



Firstly I want to say-
THANK YOU TO ALL THE BACKERS OF THIS PROJECT!!!!
I learned alot from this experience and feel it was really helpful to my own understanding of Crowd Funding Projects. Since we didn't reach our goal of $5,000- we will not get a penny from this campaign (neither will Kickstarter).Your accounts will not be charged and as of right now you have not pre-ordered the DVD nor will backers from this campaign be listed on websites or in the film credits. I want to make this clear, because a few people have e-mailed me saying to "just keep the money even if we don't reach goal, etc." Though that is very kind, I can not do that. Kickstarter only funds projects that reach goal and Amazon processes the money, not me. 
I also want to say Kickstarter and Indie Go-Go are awesome websites and resources for film makers, authors and creative people to fund their projects. Please look at these sites and fund interesting projects if you can. I do every month. The arts are important, especially in these chaotic and uncertain times. 
Please like the Rats & Gassers Facebook for updates
http://www.facebook.com/ratsandgassers
Currently Rats & Gassers: Kustom Kulture Takes A Ride is in full production. That has not changed. I expect the film to be in festivals by the end of this year. I also firmly believe that this will be the most successful film I have ever made. My last two B-Movies have done extremely well, literally re-birthing the Hot Rod Film Genre. The difference with Rats & Gassers is, being a documentary, more festival doors will be open to this film. The Average Joe, who might not like Hot Rod B-Movies, may really take an interest in Rat Rods and Gassers and the people directly involved with building them and the kulture.
We will have to try again later in the year. 
Thanks Again!
D.A. Sebasstian 

No comments: