Thursday, January 31, 2002

Taxes & Shoe Bombs

Finished most of my taxes. I'm gonna be late on my State tax but got all my Federal taxes done. Been kinda anxious the last couple of days. Reminds me of how I was feeling right before 9-11. Might be nothing, but we are living in a different world. It feels mostly the same, but there is one little difference- YOU COULD BE KILLED BY A FUCKIN' TERRORIST WITH A BOMB IN HIS SHOE! Paranoid. We've all become a little bit more paranoid. Shoe bombs...what the fuck is that. I didn't see what kinda shoe bomb that wingnut on the plane was wearing on the news. Were they a loafer style shoe bomb, or were they sneakers- WITH FUSES HANGING OUT OF THE FRONT! "Excuse me sir, you must have stepped on some string because...OH MY GAWD YOU HAVE ON SHOE BOMBS!!!" Where do you buy shoe bombs? The shoe bomb store? "What size can I get for you today sir? With timed detonator or extra long fuse?" What if you stepped down too hard and accidentally blew off your foot. In the hospital you'd be saying, "Well you see doctor, I was walking to the plane, and I tripped on the escalator, and the next thing I knew I was lying on my back with my foot parts all over this young lady's suitcase." Man...

No comments: