Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kustom Kulture Festival Silverdale, WA

















We had a blast vendoring at the Kustom Kulture Festival in Silverdale, Washington yesterday. The weather started off overcast and a bit chilly. Forecast was for 20-30% chance of showers, of and on all day. We rode the ferry out to Kingston from Edmonds (love riding the ferries in Seattle). Highlights of yesterday were hanging with my wife and daughter (wish my son wanted to come along), meeting tons of cool and legit car owners, getting some kill Salmon Burgers (right across from us on the vendor alley), talking a bit with Gordy Lee, meeting Miss Cara Mia and April MayPhotography in the flesh, finally getting to interview Hatchet Mike Roberts about his Caddy, hangin' with Justin Vincent and his bad ass repainted Chev Pick-Up, getting a hello hug from Miss Kitty Mansfield and making a few bucks selling my films and merch. to boot. Downside was getting a massive sunburn on the back of my neck. My new Canon HF G10 seems to be doing what I need it to do. Easy video taping on the fly in unpredictable lighting and with chaotic backgrounds all in 16:9 1280p HD. These are stills I pulled from the video clips. I am amazed at the quality compared with my Panasonic AG DVX100. The Canon is also insanely simple to hold and run around with for handheld shots. Go-kustom TV is back!

No comments: