Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New Camera- Why D.A.?!?!?

So after much internal debate- I decided to purchase a DSLR camera, a Canon EOS D7 to be exact. I had the credit and after talking with a friend about shooting her wedding, thought I needed more options for both video and regular photos. The D7 shoots amazing HD video and combined with my recently acquired Canon HF-G10, two Go-Pro HDs and my older Panasonic AG-DVX100, I should be ready for any filming situation. I really wanted to do the shallow depth of field shots that DSLR cameras are so good at, especially with video. I still need a more powerful audio recorder for my rig and tripods upgrades etc. Nothing like seeing a $3,000 camera wobbling around on a $50 tripod. Audio wise I am looking at the Zoom H4n for field recording and movie production. This will take the load off my Panasonic AG-DVX100, which has amazing sound of it's own (with powered XLR inputs etc.) but records to DV tape. I shot my last two features on the Panasonic and love the image quality, but times are changing and HD is the way to go. I was reluctant until the prices came down for all the cameras, and lets face it DVD is Standard Definition anyway. BluRay is still not selling like the manufacturers hoped, but do look better for projection houses and screening.

No comments: