Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rats & Gassers: Kustom Kulture Takes A Ride

So with all the potential footage from the car shows I have been filming this summer, the pile of usable footage for Rats & Gassers is growing beyond what I originally expected. I was able to interview several Gasser owners at the shows, and in some cases wanted to do sit down interviews with the owners, but that may not happen. I am wondering how the "held mic" interview style of the Go-Kustom TV Show will blend with the "formal sit down" interview style throughout the majority of the film. I think it won't matter so much, as it is obvious that the Go-Kustom TV Show footage was from a different source collection than the main body of the film. This always gives a documentary a well rounded look, when multiple sources are used to tell the story. I have been jotting down "sound bites" for the narration over the course of filming. I want this to be a narrative about art and cultural importance of the hot rod and kulture. I have also received several  sets of photos for the film from around the country. I love using stills in documentaries. I did it all the time in my TV Show.

I have also stared contacting bands for the soundtrack.  I need to finalize the selection quickly for the main editing process. I talk to bands all the time at car shows and events, and doing the followup is a process in itself, especially with lost business cards, contact info, etc. I wish I had an extra set of hands for this film!

No comments: