Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rat Rod Rockers! Foley Work

So I am playing in dirt in our apartment, in the name of improving the audio tracks of my new film Rat Rod Rockers! Went to the actual site that a certain scene of the film was shot and collected a gravel / dirt mixture to use for audio replacement of the scene. In the original audio you can hear several cars driving by, so I cut the audio around the passing cars, but made large audio gaps in the scene by doing so. To fix this I replace the background sounds with a recording of an ambient woods setting and then the individual footsteps and other gravel walking sounds by placing a mic over the box of dirt / gravel I collected and moving the shoe with my hand to imitate the actors foot steps. This works very well and with a little practice and editing no one is the wiser.

No comments: