Saturday, June 5, 2010

Man What A Crazy Week!

Man am I glad it is Saturday! Last week was busy busy busy. Tuesday/Wednesday I had to finalize some accounting issues for our arts school- invoices, receipts, banking statements and some calculation and information for our 941 quarterly taxes. Thursday we went to an awards ceremony in Everett to select our new 12 passenger van (we get it next week)! The vans and buses are presented by Snohomish Community Transit as the Van Go! Grants to non-profit organizations that help the community (which our arts school is definitely one- especially with all the families we help and support). Several area City Mayors were there as well as Community Transit Board members, etc. I got to rub elbows with the "Mid Wigs." It was so awesome seeing all the churches and schools and recovery program organizations getting these moderately used vehicles for free. Our van has just 74,000 miles on it and looks fantastic! On Friday we had a long sit down meeting with the school district for our arts school about new and old policy's that effect all schools in Washington State. I couldn't get much editing done for Rat Rod Rockers! this week, however I was able to get several rough covers laid out for our new publication Munster Style. Nothing completed yet, but I think I found a retro-dark yet thoroughly modern direction for the cover art.

No comments: