Friday, April 15, 2011

My New (Inexpensive) Bass

Just took delivery of an Ibanez SDGR300 electric bass from American Musical Supply. Roadster Orange color (like burnt orange metallic almost a copper). The neck is tight and fast and the pick-ups puts out alot of tone variance, with treble/bass boost and active electronics. I love playing this bad boy, effortless. It looks a little too "modern" for my taste (I really really dig the semi-hollow Guild Starfires with the F holes) - still form follows function and this bass functions very well indeed! Also thinking about getting a Roland GR-55 Guitar/Bass Synth to hook into the SDGR300. Versatility is what I am seeking for my new rig in the upcoming D.A. Sebasstian & The Inner Demons band. I wanna play surf, funk and blues on my bass. Lets see if this one can pull it off.

No comments: