Sunday, July 25, 2010

Life In A Day Submission

Guitars in my apartment
RR Crossing in Snoqualmie
Snoqualmie Falls
More Snoqualmie Falls
Here are a few stills from yesterdays casual filming for the Kevin McDonald, Ridley Scott & YouTube's "Life In A Day" project. All filming had to be done on July 24th, 2010. I used my Panasonic AG-DVX100 at 24p. Clips will be submitted from around the world and put together in a feature documentary to be shown at the next Sundance Film Festival. I heard about the project just a few days before the 24th and decided to film a day trip we had already planned rather than-
A.) Take time away from my family.
B.) Make some fantastical scripted nonsense that wasn't a realistic day in my life.
C.) Stress out about trying to get said "fantastical scripted nonsense" into the project.

I am a huge Ridley Scott fan (come on- Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, etc., etc.) and although it would be a dream come true to have some of my film work in one of his projects- I have my own projects, namely Rat Rod Rockers! that take up most of my time and priority, so I had to make this stress free.

So keeping it casual, I filmed around our apartment for a bit and then we drove out to Snoqualmie Falls for our day trip.  All the sight seers at the various lookout points gave me room with my "bigger than yours" camera and bulky tripod. Because of the hydro-electric construction, the trails were closed and the observation areas were jammed with people. Still it was an awesome sight, all those millions of gallons of water crashing down. Such a powerful sound! After the falls we went into town for ice cream and a look at the Historical Railroad Museum. All in all a very good day.

No comments: