Sunday, February 13, 2011

1956 Dodge "Meat Wagon" Headlights

Got some cool 1/25th scale headlights at the local hobby store this afternoon. This resin kit I bought of a 1956 Dodge Station Wagon had globs of plastic in the headlight areas. Not the best casting I have seen. I had to Dremel out the areas and then had no headlights. These look really good, even if the bezels are painted silver instead of chrome. This model (or a 1960 Chrysler New Yorker Wagon I start working on shortly) is just a mock-up of a real car I want to build for Evil Undead Girlfiend. I occasionally use model cars (heavily Photoshopped) for backgrounds and other film work. Its amazing how realistic you can make a plastic model look with a little work. Model are also great for illustration work, especially getting correct proportions and angles.

No comments: